The East London Teaching School Hub, through an ethos of collegiality, inclusion and transparency, ensures every teacher has equal access to a clear and all-compassing pathway of professional development.
Our Hub cultivates a professional learning environment through which teachers:
- Learn from experienced practitioners about teaching in an inner-city context and what this means for their own classroom practice.
- Share a commitment to social justice and appreciate the challenging but deeply rewarding work and creativity required to overcome social and economic disadvantage.
- Develop as reflective practitioners who appreciate that classroom practice is determined by the specific and changing needs of their pupils.
- Work collaboratively with their peers to learn about core pedagogy and the best available evidence and to explore how this is applied and adapted for their specific classes.
- Learn about the significance of different school contexts within the region in order to fully understand how to effectively meet the needs of all learners under their care.