It was announced in May 2022 that funding for fully-funded NPQ training scholarships has been extended until the academic year 2023 to 2024 along with additional funding for small schools and clarity on scholarships for the NPQ Early Years Leadership. Find out more here.
NPQ training scholarships – Eligible organisations (from Autumn 2022):
- state-funded schools
- state-funded 16 to 19 organisations
- independent special schools
- virtual schools (local authority run organisations that support the education of children in care)
- hospital schools not already included in other categories of eligible organisations
- young offender institutions
- Local authority employed supply teachers will also be able to access scholarships.
Targeted Support funding for small schools:
From Autumn 2022, state-funded schools and state-funded 16 to 19 educational settings with 1 to 600 pupils will be paid £200 for each teacher or leader they employ who takes an NPQ. This is to help teachers and leaders in smaller settings who may find it harder to engage with professional development.