We are committed to creating a professional learning community which provides opportunities for teachers and leaders at every stage of their career.
With our strategic partners, we want to establish a professional learning community of practice from the beginning of a teacher’s career where trainee teachers:
- Learn from experienced practitioners about teaching in an inner-city context and what this means for their own classroom practice.
- Share a commitment to social justice and appreciate the challenging but rewarding work and creativity required to overcome social and economic disadvantage.
- Develop as reflective practitioners who appreciate that classroom practice is determined by the specific and changing needs of their pupils.
- Work collaboratively with their peers to learn about core pedagogy and the best available evidence and to explore how this is applied and adapted for their specific classes.
- Learn about the significance of different school contexts within the region in order to better understand how to best meet the needs of all learners under their care